The KYMIRA K-Mask, with the integrated Nanofibre K-Filter, is designed to protect you from viruses, bacteria and environmental particulates, with a 99.6%* filtration efficiency that is rated as one of the best in the world.Looking to help during the pandemic, KYMIRA researched and adjusted one of it's existing technologies, its electrospun nanofibre material, with partner Radical Fibres.
Time to read: 5 minutes
- The K-Mask
- Quote from CTO Phil Kunovski
- Key Features of K-Mask
- The Nanofibre K-Filter
- Best Use of K-Mask
The KYMIRA K-Mask, with the integrated Nanofibre K-Filter, is designed to protect you from viruses, bacteria and environmental particulates, with a 99.6%* filtration efficiency that is rated as one of the best in the world.
Utilising a combination of KYMIRA's fabric technologies, they have created the K-Mask. More breathable, more comfortable and more effective using cutting edge design and technology.The K-Mask is designed to house the Nanofibre K-Filter and is made from KYMIRA Kynergy® infrared fabric. The infrared fabric offers the wearer temperature regulation, due to its efficiencies in cellular excitation and enhanced circulation. The infrared fabric itself supports the wearer to cool or warm, depending on need and provides a cooling effect as you inhale, helping you stay comfortable during use. Designed for comfort, prolonged use and protection, the fit and design of the K-Mask is second to none. The mask is designed to fit close to the wearer, high up on the nose and wrapping around the cheeks towards the ears to provide greater protection to and from the wearer. The extended sides offer pressure balance, so that it forces the inhale and exhale through the viral filtration, even with use at high exertion or during coughing or sneezing. This makes the mask ideal for not just everyday activities but for work, travel and playing sport too. The nose has a comfort strip underneath and a wired pinch bar so the wearer can ensure a close, comfortable fit, with attractive leather detailing. The nose has a wired pinch bar so the wearer can ensure a close, comfortable fit, with attractive leather detailing. The straps fit around the head, fastening on the crown of the head and at the nape of the neck, providing comfort for long use that does not put pressure on the ears with adjustable soft velcro fastenings. The close fit offers another ideal benefit, it reduces the occurrence and severity of glasses steaming whilst both are in use.
"Given everything that's been happening, we really pushed ourselves to create an effective filtration medium, and I'm very excited to say that we not only managed to do this, but also make one of the best filters on the market! We always strive to achieve the maximum performance from our products, so you always know that with KYMIRA you're getting the best quality and performance, backed up by rigorous scientific evidence. We're very happy with these filters and masks, and I hope you will be too. Stay safe!".
KYMIRA Chief Technology Officer
- The K-Mask comes with a Nanofibre K-Filter - with filtration rating 99.6%* - effective for 200 hours before filter needs replacing.
- In-built filter slip pouch, with easily changeable filters for continued protection.
- The K-Mask and K-Filters can be baked in the oven at 60 degrees, during their 200 hour period to kill all trapped bacteria and viruses, offering added security.
- Made from KYnergy Infrared fabric that helps to thermoregulate whilst wearing. The infrared also offers a cooling effect to breath when inhaled.
- Adjustable straps with velcro fastening that fit around the back of the head and nape of the head/neck for a comfortable fit, suitable for long periods of time.
- Extended sides offer pressure balance, so that it forces the inhale and exhale through the viral filtration, even with use at high exertion such as in sport or during coughing or sneezing
- The nose has a wired pinch bar so the wearer can ensure a close, comfortable fit, with attractive leather detailing to the front.
- The close reduces the occurrence and severity of glasses steaming whilst both are in use.
- K-Filter are made from biocompatible hydrophobic material which are elastic and electrostatic, meaning they are highly breathable, flexible and will not become wet with water vapour from breathing. This also reduces the carbon dioxide re-breathing occurrence.
- Mask is washable at 30 degrees.
- Separate replacement filters available shortly.
- Antimicrobial effect and offers SPF 35 protection.
The filters have been independently tested to ASTM F2100, ASTM FT101 and EN 1486 standards, certifying the 99.6% filtration rating*. The K-Filter offers its protection for 200 hours per filter, and for particles as small as 0.03 microns. This includes Covd-19 particulates, that range from 0.06-0.5 in size.
The Nanofibre K-Filter
Using a triple sandwich layer, nanofibre combination, the K-Filters have been designed as a re-usable, world class filter that will protect you and those around you.Layer 1: Nanofibres capture viruses, bacteria and pollutants via electrostatic attraction. Layer 2: Activated carbon layer for environmental pollutants. Layer 3: Nanofibres capture viruses, bacteria and pollutants via electrostatic attraction. The effectiveness of the filtration level is due to this microscopic level of protection offered by the electrospun nanofibres, that ionically attract the particles before trapping them within the filter layers. To contextualise this, the Covid-19 virus has a particle micron size of 0.06-0.5 and bacteria has a particle size of 0.3 microns. Healthcare workers on the front line have so far been using N95 rated masks that have a particulate protection size of 0.3 microns; so the wearer can feel confident in their protection when using the K-Filter. The nanofibres within the K-Filter are made from biocompatible hydrophobic material which are elastic and electrostatic, meaning they are highly breathable, flexible and will not become wet with water vapour from breathing. This also reduces the carbon dioxide re-breathing occurrence that is a problem among even medical grade respirators. This is why the KYMIRA K-Filter has proven itself to be one of the most effective air filters in the world.
Best Use of the K-Mask
Wear the K-Mask with internal K-Filter, is best used whenever in public, or large groups of people - to protect yourself, and those around you. Change the filter for a fresh K-Filter replacement, at least every 200 hours, for continued 99.6%* protection from viruses, bacteria and environmental pollutants.The masks and filters can be baked in the oven at 60 degrees and this will ensure that all trapped virus and bacteria particles are killed. The mask itself is also machine washable at 30 degrees so it can stay looking fresh and clean (please note the filters should not go through the washing machine). The infrared is continually beneficial, does not wear off with use, and the products are safe to use continually - certified by the FDA as a class I medical device.
Replacement K-Filters will be available from October onwards and products are suitable for personal and professional use. We are pleased to have secured our first hospital, the Cedars Sinai in LA, who will be using the KYMIRA technology.
The K-Mask can be ordered here or from below.